Another boob story that I heard on the news involved a professor who took her baby to work with her and during a lecture decided that baby needed to be fed so she hoisted up her one year old and began feeding in the middle of class. Do I personally have issue with this woman feeding her child? Nope! Are other people annoyed by it, hmm yup. Here is the not so funny thing about the people that are annoyed, they were all male!
Now why would men that evidently from the emphasis placed on them adore boobs be upset that a woman would feed her child using those much adored mammaries? When I was nursing my children, I was not brave enough to join that "it is the most natural thing in the world and I am going to do it on the subway movement" and I am a pretty radical person but I also think that nursing your baby is something that is private between you and your child. I pumped and used bottles while I was out, everyone survived, I think.
It was a personal choice for me and seeing other women nurse in public is fine with me as well, I say rock on sister you do whats right for you and your child and don't worry what anyone else thinks. That professor that brought her kid to work and nursed? The nursing part does not bother me, but you bring your kid to work during a lecture that is like an hour long, you couldn't pay someone to keep your kid? It bothers me more that she took her kid to work,it was inappropriate! Lets look at some breast feeding stuff that can make nursing a better experience for all!
This is an affordable manual breast pump:
No comments:
Post a Comment