Saturday, September 22, 2012

Sleepy Baby

I
Lilly
I am the sleepy baby today. My grand daughter Lilly spent the night last night and is evidently in some sort of state of protest where she is literally refusing to sleep. How do I know this? It was the very first thing she said to me when I picked her up!

Lilly informed me yesterday evening "Nanny I don't sleep anymore!" of course I had to fish "Lilly why don't you sleep anymore?" "cause from I don't wanna" " why not?" "cause from I miss my shows when I sleep" "it is ok to miss some TV" " ok cause from mommy won't let me have my cup come to bed with me" the banter continued and sounded something like this "Nanny I got a boo boo on my finger" "how Lil" "cause from I put my finger on the lightbulb in the refrigerator" "why would you do that? and what were you doing hanging out in the fridge?" " cause from I wanted to make the light go on and off".

She is a really smart 4 year old, but is always into something. She is also a drama queen and an only child. I forgot about our banter and her announcement until last night when it was time to hit the hay and she gently reminded me "nanny member I told you I don't sleep no more?". Oh yes I did remember that, but in my Nanny wisdom I figured ok well I will let her lie down on the couch in front of the idiot box with me until she drifted off and I could put her to bed.

I probably need to go back and get me another shot of Nanny wisdom cause evidently mine is broken. Lilly in fact does not sleep anymore as I realized at 3:00am when she informed me (which would have been a lot funnier at say 9pm) "nanny I don't want too have this fight with you again, I know I know lay down Lilly, I will as soon as you get me juice in my cup"  See the battle royale with Lilly over sleep all began with her mom and dad taking away her sippy cup which had become a replacement when her mom stopped nursing her. I guess it became like a favored blanket.

She has been on strike for a week now,  she wants it back, and for the love of God I have no idea how she has been able to hold out for this long but she is. She is making everyone miserable right along with her. At one point during our stand off (and for the love of God believe if I had that sippy cup it would have been hers by 10pm last night) Lilly looks over at me through the glow of the TV and says "Nanny you tired? Just get my cuppy and we can go to bed!" I kid you not I was being held hostage by a 4 year old who would only release me if I gave up the goods.

She is back up at 8:00am to start her campaign again!

Here are some really sweet toys that your baby can snuggle up with:


Skip Hop Hug and Hide Activity Toys In Owl Skip Hop Hug and Hide Activity Toys In Owl
Skip Hop Hug and Hide Activity Toys In Owl


Skip Hop Hug and Hide Activity Toys In Lamb Skip Hop Hug and Hide Activity Toys In Lamb
Skip Hop Hug and Hide Activity Toys In Lamb

Skip Hop Hug and Hide Activity Toys In Dog Skip Hop Hug and Hide Activity Toys In Dog
Skip Hop Hug and Hide Activity Toys In Dog


Skip Hop Hug and Hide Activity Toys In Bear Skip Hop Hug and Hide Activity Toys In Bear
Skip Hop Hug and Hide Activity Toys In Bear

Plush Lion (Organic Cotton) Plush Lion (Organic Cotton)
This soft and cuddly lion is the perfect playmate for baby. And we bet you'll love him just as much, since he's made with 100% organic cotton and has a 100% anti-microbial poly-fill interior.

No comments:

Post a Comment