Here are some ways to beat a cold for you and for baby:
Obvious things; wash your hands ALOT...keep your hands away from your face eyes and nose......don't let small children (under 6) touch your babies hands or face....Avoid over dressing baby (I will explain this below).....Get a flu shot....stay away from people that are sick.
Wash your hands and babies hands frequently. You touch things all day long that can harbor germs, than you touch your face, eyes or nose and guess what happens? You got it you just stole someone's cold.
Little kids under the age of 6 are havens for viruses and bacteria, by nature they are generally unclean little beings. Most little kids have some really less than desirable hygene going on. I cringe when I think of the times spent in the potty where no washing of the hands takes place. Not to mention who doesn't love digging a bit in the dirt.
Little kids love babies and want to touch them, which is lovely just don't let them touch the baby on the face or hands. Babies stick their hands in their mouths all the time and their little bodies are lacking much of the immunity that older kids have.
Overheating is a good way to get sick. I know if you ask the experts they will tell you that you do not get sick from the cold or the heat. I beg to differ. I think overheating and then being cold can help those germs to grow quickly. While your body or babies body is trying to adjust to the temp change those nasty little bugs are taking advantage of the bodies busy work trying to cool down.
Get a flu shot. If you have an infant in the house or even a toddler, get a flu shot just so you do not put the baby at higher risk of getting sick from you.
The only way to get rid of a cold is to give it away so avoid people that have the "bless yous" like the plague! Want to stay healthy, good nutrition can help you ward off the cruds!
Check this out
I am going to go whine and complain somewhere with a cup of tea!
No comments:
Post a Comment