Monday, September 3, 2012

Bumbo Controversy

When my daughter Lisa had her first baby my grandson Trent she sought out a Bumbo like it was gold. This green siliconey thingy showed up at my house as part of the baby gear that was required for Trenton to spend an evening with me.

I am going to be completely honest here. I have no idea who thought this thing was a good idea but it was not (as proven by the recent recall). I never met a baby that liked their Bumbo we tried it with three of them, and they all squawked the entire time they were propped up in this devices.

Charlotte was a bit chunky by the time she started using her Bumbo and her little legs would literally get stuck. I guess every now and then something comes a long that is able to convince a lot of people that they really work.

I discussed my dislike for the Bumbo with my girls and each of them had a similar story, "builds muscle" "tones their neck" "teaches them to sit" blah blah blah. Honestly after raising 6 kids I can tell you that a baby will sit when they are ready, their necks tone up quickly from carrying around their giant noggins and I am not sure where a baby is to build muscle.

Ultimately the Bumbo was a big fail!

No comments:

Post a Comment